05 April 2014

Species and Classes in A Mad God Rising HACKS

As I have been going through compiling a Player's Booklet for my home D&D game I've been weeding through my large list of classes and race-classes. Inspired by M E T A L vs S K I N and her Moogle option, I've been straining my brain to include them, as well as some other more gonzo sci-fi elements like robots, and early modern firearms.
I am trying to stay with an 8- and 16-bit jrpg theme even though originally A Mad God Rising was intended to be a dungeon crawling with heavy horror.

Classes that will definitely be included
  • Fighter
  • Mage
  • Cleric
  • Thief
  • Assasin
  • Bard
  • Explorer
  • Tenebraeist (Modified 3.5 Shadowcaster)
  • Skeleton
  • Elven Spellsword
  • Elven Nightblade
Classes I want to include
Classes I was originally including but am currently questioning
 I envision moogles either wholly supplanting dwarves as the crafting focused people, or being the more high tech mechanical urban metropolitan crafters to the predominantly insular underground manufacturers of medieval arms and armor of the dwarves. In either case, they would also be the primary, maybe sole source, of gunpowder and firearms, as well as being the operators of postal systems and other bureaucracies. As I am also including Spelljammer, they might replace Giffs as the gun loving mercenaries.

Although I have been thinking about switching from the species as class paradigm of BD&D to the species and class paradigm of AD&D.